When it comes to field data collection in the industry of construction, switching from paper forms to mobile forms is quintessential to reduce operational costs and boost productivity. Digital forms on tablets and smartphones are no longer a trend, but a way of business processes today.
There are numerous advantages of using electronic forms over paper forms in terms of field data collection in the world of construction and the most important ones are:
- Speed – The ability for the field users to collect data on the mobile devices and submit them through just a push of a button is definitely game-changing. The old model often had field workers trying to find fax machines from the job site or driving paper forms back to office. But, with mobile forms, field data collection can not only save time but get data in a timely manner.
- Capture Better Information – Paper forms have limitations. Media rich data like Photos and videos cannot be collected and the age old problem of handwriting interpretation coupled with human error are some of the ubiquitous concerns. Mobile forms can help you ensure that all information is collected properly. Moreover, having the ability to capture photos, videos, voice recordings, GPS locations, signatures etc at the job site and including these within a form could raise the bar for field data collection.
- Process Streamlining – Deployment of mobile forms takes a business process to a whole new level. The information that is submitted and collected with the use of mobile devices is integrated with back office system. The bottom line is that introducing the mobile forms into the business processes could help end the expensive manual data entry and costs associated with second-hand data entry and management. This also means that the collected information could be shared easily.
- Enhance Employee Management – The mobile form solution’s rollout comes with accountability and increased awareness in the field. The forms on the mobile devices include time stamps, GPS, letting the managers know exactly where and when the form was filled out. The managers can also make group and individual form permissions, providing an appropriate data and form access for every user.
- Analytics and Reports – Since recorded mobile data is organized properly and available easily within the systems, the ability to sift through and understand the data is greater.
MobileFormz offers every business in Construction industry peace of mind and ease of use when it comes to field data collection for field personnel. For business owners, MobileFormz reveals possible business challenges and opportunities that could otherwise be missed. Data analytics and reporting capabilities provide company executives crucial business process insights.
MobileFormz is an end to end Mobility solution to digitize Construction firms of any size to realize significant cost savings associated with data collection and managment. For more details email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org